Freediving is a way of life, a way to explore our inner self and to achieve things we never thought possible.
It’s about fun, about swimming with marine creatures and about spending quality time underwater without the need for any gear other than a mask, snorkel and a pair of fins. freediving is not all about competition or pushing limits. Apnea International places a strong emphasis on safety in all of its courses. Our goal is to educate our students to enjoy freediving, live a healthy lifestyle and – most importantly – love and respect the ocean.
At the core of our education system is the understanding that each student has his specific needs. Our courses are designed to provide insights into the different aspects of freediving and they all combine elements which will benefit the student outside the scope of the course.
Apnea International focuses on the following:
- We are putting all our years of training and experience in teaching towards creating the safest possible learning environment for you.
- Our courses are run in small groups – at a maximum of 4 students per instructor for the open water sessions.
- Instead of numbers, we focus on the enjoyment aspect of freediving.
- We aim to develop mastery of technique – freediving feels easy when the technique is good.
- We belive in progressive training – building skills slowly and allowing time for processing.
If teaching freediving is your passion and calling you have probably discovered how challenging it can be. We put education as our top priority and are committed to supporting our instructors.
You can expect:
- Swift response to any enquiries you may have – Looking for a solution for an issue a student brings up on a course? Ask us.
- Responsiveness – We listen and act on any concern or issues our instructors or students bring up.
- Room for development – We acknowledge expertise and experience as well as hard work and are always happy to collaborate on new ideas.
- Professional and up-to-date training materials – We constantly update our manuals and teaching materials just watch for changes here on this site!
- Instructor Toolbox – We maintain a comprehensive library of training materials, further information and tips and tricks which are available to our instructors world wide.
- Mentoring – Our Instructor Trainers are always there to support.
Why choose Apnea International as your training agency?
Choosing a training agency is the first step in your path to becoming a freediver. Although most major agencies offer similar levels of courses they differ in some aspects.